Extreme Weather How to Protect your Home
With Extreme Windy weather it is imperative to monitor and prepare for dangers. Falling branches become deadly with extreme wind force. Just as in a fire situation extreme wind can make an emergency deadly,
A few standard safety precautions for high wind days are:
1.Bring items that can be blown away or cause damage inside, store in you garage or storage room.
2. Tie down or remove from and around your home loose metal parts that can cause damage or harm.
3.I f you know there are high winds forecast employ a tree specialist to trim down branches hanging over the roof that can damage your home well before it arrives.
4. If a thunderstorm is also forecast make sure your gutters are clean to move water away from your home. Get a Gutter Guard specialist such as leafsmart to clean around your gutters and install a strong steel guard.
5. Stay indoors and don't drive in high dangerous wind unless you must.
6. If you know that thunderstorms are going to be accompanying high winds make sure you have gas for bbq and candles the incase of a blackout.
7 .Know your plan in an emergency write down your emergency numbers.
8. Make sure all cell phones are fully charged.
9. If you are on acreage buy a small generator to keep the fridge/freezer going.
NSW is also experiencing a very dry spell, even though it is cold there is a very real Fire Danger, so making sure your gutters are cleaned by a professional, this is very important for resisting ember attack.
Whether you are from Wollongong, Newcastle or live in the Sydney City area, High winds can and do cause extreme damage with a plan you can minimise stress and damage to yourself and home.
Extreme Weather Guide to best Protect your Home
Sydney weather Conditions are very dry with none to little rain for the past 10 weeks. This is a dangerous combination when extreme wind is involved, even in these current chilly temperatures the risk of fire is high. It will not take much for a dangerous Summer forecast if this continues. Queesnland has also recently experienced an out of control fire, as temperature becomes unpredictably warm for August. I forsee Sydney, Vic, SA, and WA forllowing this unpredicable trend. Home owners are doing everything they can to protect their home, following advice from professionals.
Contact Leafsmart Now